Bird Names! In this section, we will show you a list of common bird names in English with the picture and examples. Learn those words will help you enhance your vocabulary.
Table of Contents
List of Bird Names
- Bald eagle
Bird Names with Examples
Names of the birds in the sentences.
- A crow is never the whiter for washing herself often.
- The boy took a pot shot at a pigeon with his air gun.
- The bald eagle is representative of the United States.
- A robin was pecking at crumbs on the ground.
- A sparrow is very alert in its movements.
- Mary is as sick as a parrot about losing her watch.
- The peacock displayed its fine tail feathers when it noticed any gay colours.
- He waited, watching her like a hawk.
- The great spotted woodpecker will nest in this tree, or that, never more than 20 yards apart.
- Bring up a raven and he’ll pick out your eyes.
- The dove is a universal symbol of peace.
- It’s traditional in America to eat turkey on Thanksgiving Day.
- The hummingbird which feeds on it must therefore visit many plants, one after another.
- A purple finch sings ebulliently for hours.
- One swallow doesn’t make a summer.
- Buoyant as a duck, slender as a sandpiper, small as dunlin.
- The owl swooped down on a mouse.
- They included hitting the hedgehog with a flamingo.
- Hornbills are big and demanding birds that need plenty of space, which is something most zoos don’t have.
- He walked with an awkward gait like a penguin.
- It is a silly goose that comes to the fox’s sermon.
- Most confusingly named as it is a stork, not an ibis.
- The white stork is one of the biggest land birds of the region.
- The crane lifted the heavy stone from the ground.
- She took to dancing like a duck to water.
- The falcon spreads flightless wings and stalks among months of droppings.
- If she saw a goldfinch, she would marry a millionaire.
Learn more with the list of mammals in English.
Bird Names Infographic