Following is a list of sentences you need to know in case of asking for and giving directions in English.
How to ask for and Give Directions in English
Asking for Directions
- How do I get to the library?
- Where is the nearest post office?
- Can you tell me the way to the Big Hotel?
- Are we on the right road for London?
- Can you Show me on the map, please?
- I’m looking for this address.
- How do I find…?
- Excuse me, How can I go to …?
- Do you have a map?
- Are you from around here?
- Where is …?
- Which the best way to …?
- Pardon me, I’m lost, how do I get to …?
- I’m looking for …
- Could you direct me to …?
- May I ask for some help? I need to get to …?
- How can we get to High Park?
- Is it far?
- Excuse me, could you tell me how to get to the bus station?
- Go up…
- It’s on the corner
- Go straight ahead
- Go along…
- Turn left
- Turn right
- Turn left into … Street
- Go down …
- It’s in the middle of the block
- You will pass a süpermarket on your left
- Take this road
- Turn right at the crossroads
- It’s on your left
- It’s on your right
- It’s about 100 meters from here
- Take the first road on the right
- Take the second road on the left
- It’s next to…
Asking for and Giving Directions in English | Image