Natural Disasters! In this article, we will learn a list of natural disasters in English. Example sentences are included to help you remember those words easily.
Table of Contents
List of Natural Disasters
- Cold wave
- Dust storm
- Forest fire
Natural Disasters with Examples
Learn the names of common natural disaster in English with example sentences.
- Yesterday’s avalanche killed a party of skiers and destroyed several trees.
- We’re going to have a blizzard.
- This cold wave is severe enough to freeze over all the rivers and ponds.
- Experts believe that the coming drought will be extensive.
- Pigeons fly through a dust storm in Kuwait City.
- Thousands of people perished in the earthquake.
- A weak dyke bursts easily before a flood.
- A sudden change of wind checked the forest fire.
- The next were pestilence, windstorm, frost hail, hailstorm and earthquake.
- The hurricane damage was assessed at three million dollars.
- What do you think causes the sandstorm?
- A sinkhole is a natural depression caused by the removal of underground soil by water.
- A snowstorm hit the West today, bringing with it frigid temperatures.
- How did you manage to sleep through that thunderstorm?
- The entire village was obliterated by the tornado.
- Fear of the electronic tsunami is misplaced.
- Flames blazed out from the crater of the volcano.
- Rumours of his death spread like wildfire.
- The sea was choppy today because of the windstorm.
Natural Disasters Infographic