NO vs NOT! In this lesson, you will learn the differences between NO vs NOT in English through examples and picture.
Differences between NO vs NOT
No is opposite of Yes. It is used as an adjective to make a noun negative. It is also used before verbal nouns.
- She has no time to play football.
- Jim has no idea where his notebook is.
- This is no time for fighting!
- No smoking.
- I have no money.
Not is used with verbs or auxiliary verbs to make negative. It is also used with adjectives, adverbs (typical in spoken English
- I do not play football.
- We can not go home.
- I’m sorry but I can‘t hear you.
- She is not cooking dinner tonight.
NOT vs NO | Image