In this lesson, you will learn a list of commonly used phrasal verbs with DO in English. Each phrasal verb includes a definition and an example sentence to help understand the context for each word.
Common Phrasal Verbs with DO
Learn phrasal verbs with DO with meaning and example sentences
- Meaning: criticize someone or something
- For example: My son, stop doing yourself down.
- Meaning: Beat up
- For example: Her shop was done over by a Street gang.
- Meaning: Fasten, close
- For example: Do your coat up before you go outside.
- Meaning: Decorate something
- For example: They’ve had the living room done out in blue.
- Meaning: Manage without something one needs
- For example: She can‘t do without a bicycle.
Do away with
- Meaning: Abolish
- For example: It’s time to do away with the death penalty.
- Meaning: Repeat
- For example: My friend made many mistakes, so I want to do the report over.
- Meaning: Kill someone
- For example: He threatened to do my father in if he didn’t pay up by Saturday.